Cedars at Cobble Hill is a private, residential in-patient addiction treatment center situated on over 65 acres of west coast property in Cobble Hill on Vancouver Island, BC. Cedars is located between Nanaimo and Victoria, BC. Cedars at Cobble Hill is committed to ensuring that each patient receives the best possible addiction treatment, based on their individual needs. Through our full continuum of inclusive addiction recovery programs we provide a framework for sustainable recovery. Our employees enjoy a progressive, holistic and meaningful work environment, opportunities for personal and professional development, and a chance to make a real difference.
Cedars employs individuals for the following departments:
- Community Care
- Counseling / Therapist
- Fitness / Wellness
- Support Staff
- Kitchen Staff
We are currently hiring:
Please see full job descriptions below. If interested, please visit our Indeed listings here.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Cedars at Cobble Hill is currently accepting applications for a permanent full-time and part time LPN. The nurses will provide medical care to individuals who are undergoing treatment for a variety of addictions including mood-altering chemicals and behaviours.
The LPN will provide care and assessment as needed for the patients undergoing addictions treatment at Cedars and will report to the Medical Manager. The individual will be responsible for:
- Patient detox scales as per pharmacotherapy & detox policies.
- Ensuring patient medications available as prescribed.
- Initiating the planning, implementation and evaluation of care plans, administers medications, accurately record resident information and perform other clinical procedures as required.
- Follow up with patients following assessment by Physicians.
- Charting and booking for additional appointments.
- Bedside care when necessary.
- Participating in case consultation and treatment.
The LPN will be expected to work night shift. This position offers extended benefits such as health and dental.
- Current LPN license.
- Current First Aid Certification.
- Knowledge of the 12 steps and addictions disorders an asset.
- Personal experience in recovery, or formal education in addiction or related health field an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills are current.
The Family Counsellor is a therapeutic guide journeying with patients on their road of recovery – from admission to discharge. Counsellors at Cedars provide clinical assessments and contribute insightful, practical and meaningful information to the development of treatment plans. Counsellors welcome and orientate new patients to the treatment process. Each Counsellor carries a caseload and provides clinical treatment in the form of, but not limited to, individual, family and group counseling daily. As a member of the treatment team, the Counsellor meets weekly in collaborative fashion with the rest of the team to discuss their patient’s progress.
A Cedars Counsellor must possess foundational knowledge of concurrent disorders, eating disorders and thorough understanding of chemical dependency.
The below list is a guideline and may not be inclusive of all that is expected on a day-to-day basis. A Primary Counsellor is required to prioritize and respond to the needs of the daily operations of Cedars in a professional and calm manner.
- Meets with residents within 24 hours of counsellor assignment to establish therapeutic rapport.
- Completes patient orientation, including a biopsychosocial assessment within 72 hours of a patient being medically cleared.
- Completes the Comprehensive Treatment Plan within one week of a patient being admitted.
- Identify weekly individualized patient treatment goals
- Provide timely and appropriate referrals to contracted specialty programming, with sound clinical rationale.
- Private and scheduled individual therapy sessions, at a minimum of one hour per week for each client
- Coordinate family or significant persons conferences at least once while the patient is in treatment.
- Facilitate professional groups as assigned.
- Complete patient progress forms within the prescribed progress timeframe.
- Interface with Referral Agents, Funding Sources and Emergency Contacts weekly, in person or over the telephone.
- Is appropriately accessible and demonstrates healthy boundaries with family members and other involved persons.
- Facilitates group therapy, lectures, workshops, and educational groups as directed by the program schedule.
- Assesses suicidality and possibility for danger to self or others.
- Log in CIMS ‘counsellor notes’ each resident’s progress throughout the treatment experience.
- Log in CIMS ‘counsellor notes’ after each individual or family session.
- Begins and ends group activities in a timely manner.
- Creates a written plan for continuing care and discharge summary.
- Collaborates with the Director of Community Care in cases where second stage housing or continuing therapeutic involvement may be appropriate.
- The Counsellor attends all treatment planning meetings, all treatment review and goals setting groups, in-service training’s, and general staff meetings.
- The Counsellor “oversees” the daily treatment experience of each of his/her patients.
- A Master’s Degree with current registration with a professional regulatory body is preferred. A comparable combination of education and experience may be considered, at the discretion of the Clinical Director.
- The Counsellor must have at least one yearin acute care or residential addiction treatment setting or closely related experience.
- Experience in complex case management, working with people who are chemically dependent or people who have other process or concurrent disorders.
- Experience facilitating group therapy.
- If the applicant is in recovery, they will be required to identify that they have been abstinent from mood altering substances for two years at the time of application.
Cedars at Cobble Hill is currently accepting applications for a permanent full-time Cook to work among our culinary team.
- 4 years of culinary experience.
- Healthcare foodservice experience an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cook breakfast, lunch, & dinner
- Kitchen & equipment cleaning
- Some dish washing
- Prepare specialty meals for patients
- Ensure health & safety requirements are met
- Assist supervisors with filling out daily production sheets, meal counts, & temp audits
- Receive & put away orders
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong food safety skills
- Ability to cook nutritious & quality meals
- Creativity an asset
- Professional and mature attitude