About the Cedars Society
The Cedars Society is a non profit organization in British Columbia. The mission of the society is to promote recovery and improve the lives of individuals and families by providing eduction and improving access to treatment and research into the disease of addiction.
- Donors, Volunteers and Partners are critical to the success of the Society’s work; all will be treated with the utmost respect.
- The Society’s values extend to all of its stakeholders and its Board members.
- The values are the foundation of the Society’s work.
- The Society and all of its stakeholders are committed to the mission.
- The Society supports improvements to the quality of life by supporting abstinence based programs.
- Committed to the Society’s Vision
- Honest in all we do
- Respectful of others
- Fair, and
The Society is committed to furthering the public’s knowledge and understanding of addiction as a disease. This involves developing an extensive outreach program including education and awareness sessions targeting, but not limited to, workplaces, health providers, schools and government agencies.
People who lack the resources to access appropriate treatment may be eligible to receive sponsorship when they meet the Cedars Society criteria for support. Financial Help can be extended to people and their families to ensure access to suitable treatment programs.
Into the causes of addiction and the finest treatment programs is critical to long term success of eradicating addiction. As resources permit, the Society will dedicate funds for research into the causes, effects and treatment of addiction and substance abuse.
The Society is an outcome based organization. Metrics will be developed to measure its work in education, financial support and research to ensure that resource allocations and funding decisions are evidence based and donations are being used effectively.
Help us make a difference by donating to the Cedars Society.
Its overarching mission is to improve the quality of community life by providing sustainable support for addicts, their families, friends and community resources. The society’s vision is addiction-free communities.