As the first step on the path to recovery, detoxing from opioids, other drugs, or alcohol is a physically and emotionally challenging, yet vital part in the recovery process. To help make the transition as comfortable as possible, a detox centre can provide a safe and supervised setting for individuals to rid their body of substances. The physical effects of withdrawal can be severe and even life-threatening in some cases. As such, detoxing with 24-hour medical attention is highly recommended.
Within the residential addiction treatment program at Cedars at Cobble Hill, detoxification and withdrawal protocols are included in the continuum of care. Individuals seeking treatment for their addictions are not required to obtain sobriety prior to attending treatment. Self-referral is approved at our facility, and a detailed conversation with one of our Admissions Director is all that is required to begin the process of recovery from alcohol or substance abuse. At Cedars at Cobble Hill, we support the individual and members of the family to ensure that our residential addiction treatment facility is the right fit.
Our onsite team of physicians, nurses and other skilled medical staff are well-experienced in handling a wide-range of medical cases, detoxification, and withdrawal protocols, and will be involved throughout the entire recovery process.
British Columbia is also home to a number of detox centres and service providers, both private and public, that are spread all across the province. While there are many options available, finding the right centre to can be a frustrating task in a trying time. Unfortunately, there isn’t one single comprehensive list or resource to turn to when considering which detox centre is right for you or your family member.
From inpatient services, to day programs or even in-home services, the options for withdrawal management services in British Columbia vary drastically. Wait times, length of stay, cost, methods of delivery, and follow-up programming are other factors that change from facility to facility.
In order to have the best chance at a successful detox, each individual needs a detox plan to fit their individual needs and situation. That’s why when choosing an alcohol and drug detox path for yourself or your loved one, it’s important to do your research and know the options.
Here is a guide to alcohol and detox services in British Columbia to help get you started:
Cariboo Chilcotin Coast
- G.U.E.S.S.T Unit – GR Baker Memorial Hospital – Quesnel
- Gateway Crisis Stabilization Unit – Williams Lake
- East Kootenay Addiction Services Society – Cranbrook
- Arrow Lakes Hospital – Nakusp
- Top of the World Ranch Treatment Centre – Fort Steele
- Ponderosa House – Cranbrook
- Adult Withdrawal Management Unit – Prince George
- Nechako Youth Treatment – Prince George
- Phoenix Centre – Kamloops
- Sage Health Centre – Kamloops
- The Crossing Point Treatment Centre – Kelowna
- Valiant Recovery – Kelowna
- Options Okanagan Treatment Centre – Kelowna
- Round Lake Treatment Centre – Armstrong
Vancouver Coast & Mountains:
- Charlford House Society for Women – Burnaby
- Last Door – New Westminster
- Creekside Detox – Surrey
- Richmond Addiction Services – Richmond
- Harbour Light Detox – Vancouver
- Vancouver Detox – Vancouver
- Three Bridges Detox – Vancouver
- Sheway – Vancouver
- Onsite Detox – Vancouver
- Pacifica Treatment Centre – Vancouver
- West Coast Wellness Centre for Women – Maple Ridge
- Phoenix Drug & Alcohol Recovery & Education Society – Surrey
- Innervisions Recovery Society – Port Coquitlam
- Kinghaven Treatment Centre – Abbotsford
- Alouette Addictions Services – Maple Ridge
- Cedars at Cobble Hill – Cobble Hill
- Clearview Centre – Nanaimo
- Community Medical Detox Unit – Victoria
- Edgewood Treatment Centre – Nanaimo
- Evergreen House – Campbell River
- John Howard Society of North Island – Campbell River
- Orchard Recovery Centre – Bowen Island
- Second Chance Support Recovery – Campbell River
- Sobering Centre – Victoria
- Sunshine Coast Health Centre – Powell River
- Victoria Youth Empowerment Society – Victoria
Cedars at Cobble Hill residential addiction treatment centre offers a full continuum of care, including detox, for those suffering from substance abuse disorders and process disorders, as well as a range of other psychiatric illnesses. As a nationally recognized centre of excellence, our primary goal for patients is a full recovery. The team at Cedars at Cobble Hill treatment centre recognizes that patients are our partners and together we form a treatment plan built on partnership to both rehabilitate and lay the foundation for sustainable long-term recovery.