Cedars at Cobble Hill is a private, residential in-patient addiction treatment center situated on over 65 acres of west coast property in Cobble Hill on Vancouver Island, BC. Cedars is located between Nanaimo and Victoria, BC. Cedars at Cobble Hill is committed to ensuring that each patient receives the best possible addiction treatment, based on their individual needs. Through our full continuum of inclusive addiction recovery programs we provide a framework for sustainable recovery. Our employees enjoy a progressive, holistic and meaningful work environment, opportunities for personal and professional development, and a chance to make a real difference.
Cedars employs individuals for the following departments:
- Community Care
- Counseling / Therapist
- Fitness / Wellness
- Support Staff
- Kitchen Staff
We are currently hiring:
Please see full job descriptions below. If interested, please visit our Indeed listings here.
Cedars at Cobble Hill is currently accepting applications for a permanent full-time Housekeeper to work among our housekeeping team.
- Physically fit and able to work well under pressure.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision and with others in a team environment.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate organizational skills.
- Housekeeper is a very physically demanding position. Duties include repetitive bending, pulling, carrying, high lifting and heavy pushing.
- Must have great attention to detail.
Please provide phone # on resume for phone interview.
Cedars at Cobble Hill is currently accepting applications for a permanent full-time Cook to work among our culinary team.
- 4 years of culinary experience.
- Healthcare foodservice experience an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cook breakfast, lunch, & dinner
- Kitchen & equipment cleaning
- Some dish washing
- Prepare specialty meals for patients
- Ensure health & safety requirements are met
- Assist supervisors with fillingout daily production sheets, meal counts, & temp audits
- Receive & put away orders
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong food safety skills
- Ability to cook nutritious & quality meals
- Creativity an asset
- Professional and mature attitude